On Sunday we learned who the next Doctor will be. Spoilers ahead, read at your own risk (as if you haven’t already heard and been thinking about it for over a day).
The announcement of Peter Capaldi as the next Doctor leaves me with a few thoughts.
- I’m glad that the Doctor is still male, I don’t think a female would have really worked.
- That said, I am a bit disappointed that Billie Piper wasn’t named the next Doctor, they could have done a lot with her as the Doctor.
- I’m worried about Peter Capaldi’s reputation for cursing on TV, I’m sure that the BBC won’t let him be too foul-mouthed, Doctor Who is basically a kid’s show according to them, but it’s still something that I worry about.
- I never liked companions who were in the show as a different character before they became a companion (Donna was different because she reprised her role and I’m still not sure about Clara).
- I’m looking forward to a slightly older doctor, after Matt Smith we need a Doctor is bit more mature.
- I find it interesting that Peter Capaldi is the same age as the first Doctor, William Hartnell.
- Also I’m already wondering just how long he’ll last as the Doctor, I hope he’s not going to be a single season or two, unless he turns out to be lousy as the Doctor.
- One last thought I have is this: Could the announcement of Peter Capaldi be merely a front to keep us all on the edge of our seats when Matt Smith’s Doctor regenerates into a new Doctor played by, say, Paris Hilton?”
Those are the thoughts I’ve had during the last day. Please comment, I’m curious what you might think of these thought of mine, or if you have any interesting ideas of your own.
Thanks for reading!