I’ve been thinking about this for a while, I believe that Apple should look into buying AMD. It makes sense from all angles:
- It would give Apple full control over their chips, no more contracting with other companies.
- It would satisfy Apple stockholders who dislike Apple holding onto their profits.
- Apple could control rumors of inventory better, they wouldn’t have a company bragging about Apple ordering another ten million chips.
- Apple could keep tight reins on quality control.
- ADM all ready has factories in place, it would be an easy way for Apple to get into the market of developing their own chips.
- An ADM plant could most likely be retrofitted to produce a large enough number of ARM based chips for all of Apple’s needs.
There is only one large hurdle that Apple would face, besides convincing ADM to be bought out, that would be if Intel decided to complain to the government about it and it would trigger an anti-trust lawsuit, which I doubt would happen.
While I don’t really see this as happening, it makes much more sense than for Apple to buy out Dell or HP, both ideas which I believe I’ve read within the past year or so, offered up by other ‘experts’ who most likely have as much knowledge of the inter workings of Apple as I do.
Now for today’s wacky conspiracy rumor:
I believe that a FBI informant will leak a secret document to the press that will reveal that Baseball players are secretly working to ban Hockey players from getting dental care. It will be revealed that the FBI learned of this plot from an NSA bug planted inside either a bat or a baseball.
Thanks for reading! I hope you’ve enjoyed it!