Today’s post is all about the magic of the word “Might” on Wall Street.
As all of you know, the U.S Government is shutdown. What you might not be aware of is that on Friday (October 11, 2013) There were rumors that a deal was in the works to restart the government and raise the debt ceiling.
While most of us are willing to watch the goings on of politicians and secretly laugh at them, Wall Street brokers, traders, speculators and embezzlers took it as a sign of great things to come and the stock market soared! A few figures (thanks to Yahoo Finance):
Dow: Up 111.04 points.
NASDAQ: Up 31.13 points.
S&P: Up 10.64 points.
Now in any game you’d say that’s pretty good. Considering that millions of dollars weren’t spent yesterday that normally would have been if the government was working, I’d say that those numbers are great!
All because a few people suggested that there would be a deal reached on Monday! That leads me to believe that the words “Might”, “Could be”, “Deal” and “Monday” have some kind of magic connected to them. So, without any further ado, I want to mention a few things:
- There’s a “rumor” that “next week” I “might” be signed to a multi-year contract to do a show on a major TV channel every “Monday”.
- I “might” have a a way to make billions of dollars tax free every day.
- There “might” be a comet made of fudge hitting Earth on “Monday”, it would be a sweet deal.
- I “might” be named emperor of Earth on “Monday”.
- There “might” be a “deal” in place to name me owner of every baseball team in the world on “Monday”.
- “Monday” marks a time in the universe that “might” lead the the destruction of every atom in the aforementioned universe.
- I “might” have a post on “Monday” regarding “deals” that “could be” quite important.
While it’s possible that any of those could come true, it’s only about as likely as the government restarting on Monday. That said, if the people on Wall Street want to bet on it… well, just make sure to give me a small cut… I’ll need it to run my baseball teams.
Thanks for reading and enjoy your weekend!